How to get playlisted on radio and get airplay?
- Record your music in a proffesional studio to get quality sound
- Register your music first with the Music organisations in your country
- Send in your CD to the music library in that specific radio/ some prefer emails
- Do not take community or local radio stations lightly, because they may even give your song more spins.
- Quick and effective radio distribution platform is GGP Radio Airplay.
- Prepare an EPK (Electronic Press Kit)
- Once your music is on the spotlight Record labels will get in touch
- Cultivate your “organic” airplay
- Get a Radio monitor
Recording you music in a proffesional studio will save you from a lot of headaches, such as song rejection by comercial and some local radio stations. Radio stations require a good quality sound and the language such as vulgur or swearing could lead your sond to being rejected. Make sure the quality is good and vulgur is filtered out.
Register your music first with the Music organisations in your country
Every country has a music organisation for artists that protects the copyrights of the music creator or artists. Getting your music registered will help protect your rights from people who would want to claim or miss use your hard work without permission. Music organisations will also play a big role in assisting with the collection of your music royalties from radio stations and T.V. Before submissing your music to radio stations, you will need an IRSC code that helps track your song plays on Radio, TV or digital platforms. In South Africa there’s RISA ( Recording industry of South Africa, SAMRO ( SOUTH AFRICAN MUSIC RIGHTS ORGANISATION), CAPPASO and SAMPRA. In the US there’s
- Three competing PROs (ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC)
- A separate MRO, dedicated to mechanical royalties collection (The HFA, acquired by SESAC in 2015)
- A dedicated CMO, collecting digital performance royalties from webcasters (SoundExchange)
Send in your CD to the music library in that specific radio/ some prefer emails
Once you have registered your music it is now the right time to send a CD via post or physically to the music library of that specific radio station. Please keep in mind that most radio stations do not accept hard copies anymore, but they accept emails.
Do not take community or local radio stations lightly, because they may even give your song more spins.
Make the right move by sending your song to the nearest radio station in your comunity, because they’re most likely to play your song if they know that you are from the neighbourhood. The best reason for you to get played in your community radio station is that, most people already know you and it’s people you live with. Get your song to that community radio station, but make sure that the quality is good.
Quick and effective radio distribution platform is GGP Radio Airplay.
The truth remains that first of all as a new artist in the industry you would like to get your music to more radio stations as you can, but you don’t know most of this radio stations and you don’t know what kind of music they play. GGP Radio Airplay is the best solution to get your song to more than 1000 radio stations globally. The GGP Radio airplay distribution plan is the most affordable ever Click here to install the app from play store.